My name is Rebecca Chase, and I live on the corner of Orchard and Day streets.
I'm not "against" -- or "for" -- a hotel on the parking lot site, though I do think that a hotel in the area of the Square makes a lot of sense. I am deeply curious about how the problems of parking, traffic, design, etc. will be solved, and I've heard some great ideas from my neighbors....
There will be a community discussion about the development plans for the parking lot. I hope this WEB site can serve as a way to keep people informed about the process in three ways:
- First, by building an e-mail list that will make it possible to get the word out about community meetings - quickly - to all who are interested.
- Second, by posting news.
- Third, I also hope that the forum page will allow for on-going informal conversation. I'm on the Hotel Technical Advisory Committee, I want to hear your ideas and concerns, and it would be great for those conversations to be open to all.
ON THIS SITE YOU CAN
- Sign in to receive e-mail reminders about important events such as community meetings. (Your e-mail will remain private, and you can opt out at any time.)
- Check to quickly see what's happening now, what's happening next, and what you can do.
- Post questions, requests, concerns, information or suggestions on the discussion forum.
- Read about the history of the hotel project plans.
THE NEXT BIG THING
PLEASE use the FORUM page. The review process is moving quickly, and this is the fastest way to have elected officials know your concerns and suggestions.